VirtualDayz

I explore media in transition. My research encompasses film, video, print, digital arts, and the web. I'm interested in what artists and writers are doing and in what critics and scholars are saying.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Blogger's National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)

Blogger’s seventh annual National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) starts November 1. (Registration begins today.) To win, participants must write a 50,000-word novel from scratch by the end of the month. According to stats on the NaNoWriMo site, last year 42,000 writers participated and almost 6,000 finished. Blogged novels from 2004 are listed at Na-No-Blog-Mo. There’s an entry about NaNoWriMo in Wikipedia.

The emphasis is on quantity not quality, but the concept behind NaNoWriMo is intriguing. I have no first-hand experience with NaNoWriMo myself, but I’m tempted to give it a try. I've spent years writing (and editing) a 50,000-word novel—how great it would be to have such a productive month!

Technorati tags: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:03 AM , Blogger mrs_philpotts said...

    hi elayne, thanks for looking by my novel, predictably have got stuck at work and not done this week's post yet .. tell me more about your work in california .. do you work at a university?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home