VirtualDayz

I explore media in transition. My research encompasses film, video, print, digital arts, and the web. I'm interested in what artists and writers are doing and in what critics and scholars are saying.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Reading and Writing: The Next Stage

I finally finished my novel. The search for a literary agent has begun!

I’m making time now to read the nonfiction books I’ve been collecting on personal and cultural memory, the media arts, new media, and technologies of writing. Books on my list include:

Memory Trade: A Prehistory of Cyberculture, by Darren Tofts and Murray McKeich, 1997.

Matter and Memory, by Henri Bergson, 1908/2002

Present Pasts: Urban Palimpsests and the Politics of Memory, by Andreas Huyssen, 2003.

Tangled Memories: The Vietnam War, The AIDS Epidemic, and the Politics of Remembering, by Marita Sturken, 1997.

Crossing the Blvd: Strangers, Neighbors, Aliens in a New America, by Warren Lehrer and Judith Sloan, 2003.

The Art and Films of Lynn Hershman Leeson: Secret Agents, Private I, edited by Meredith Tromble, 2005 (includes DVD).

Nam June Paik: Global Groove 2004, Exhibition catalogue of show organized by John Hanhardt and Caitlin Jones, Deutsche Guggenheim, 2004.

Installation Art in the New Millennium, by Nicolas de Oliveira, Nicola Oxley, and Michael Petry, 2003.

Prefiguring Cyberculture: An Intellectual History, edited by Darren Tofts, Annemarie Jonson, and Alessio Cavallaro, 2002.

User: InfoTechnoDemo, by Peter Lunenfeld, 2005.

Paper Machine, by Jacques Derrida, 2005.

Technorati tags: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home